Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like many others, I've not been able to connect my headset to my computer getting the 7-14 issue code in WMR Portal. I heard of some having luck with installing a PCI-E USB-C adapter card, so I got one and installed it, still getting error code 7-14. Was told another possible fix is to get a USB hub adapter, which I will be trying next and will update this post with the results. Has HP addressed this at all? This is way too many people experiencing the exact same issue, and it's simply unacceptable. They need to address this soon or I guarantee they're about to lose a bunch of money in refunds.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Stoph9003 

Does your machine meet the following requirements

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06630565.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, It does.

HP Recommended

@Stoph9003 

Ok, I believe you abou video card. Now, the specs says it has

One 6m 2-in-1 (DisplayPort™ 1.3 + USB 3.0 Type C®) cable, and one power adapter (for use when USB-C® does not have power delivery). Mini DisplayPort™ to Full size DisplayPort™ adapter

Questions

1. Does your machine have DisplayPort™ 1.3 ?

2. Does your PCI - USB-C card support Power Delivery ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

What do you mean by  

2. Does your PCI - USB-C card support Power Delivery?

I am also getting the same error code 7-14, In fact when I connected my G2 first time then it worked out of the box but after few hours when I reconnect it again then it's keep coming up with error code 7-14 and no matter what USB ports I try nothing help, I have a very old 3.0 USB hub and that also didn't help, I have few old computers and there also I get exact same error code. 

I have a very decent PC with the below specs so I believe it's perfectly capable to handle G2

• Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision OC
  • X570 MSI MAG Tomahawk Wifi Mobo
  • 3600 Mhz RB DDR4 RAM
  • 850W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply

For your information, I took some screenshots so you can see what showing in device manager when I connect my G2

1.png01.png2.png3.png4.pngUSB device not recognized.png

Do you think that PCIe 3.0 USB cards or USB Hubs will help to fix my problem? I really don't understand when my G2 works out of the box then what happens after 2 hours so it's started showing this error code 7-14?  Please suggest something. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.