Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Reverb G2. It worked great on my Windows 10 PC. I just bought an Alienware a few months ago with Windows 11. Ever since I got the new computer, most games will now just attempt to boot up and then crash. I have an Intel I9 12900k, an RTX 3080 and 64 GBs of DDR5 RAM. Any idea how to fix this issue? I've been working at it for months, and I'm stumped. I also have a quest 2 and it works great with this computer. Just miss using my Reverb G2. Visuals are so much better.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@reaperman18us

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I have a few recommendations 

• Make sure that the most recent drivers are installed for the headset and USB controller.
  • While most games do not display the controllers or use the models installed by the driver, some games use their own versions of the controller models, either to customize them or to display contextual help for the available inputs. Usually, this does not block any features of the games but might lead to confusion or visual artifacts. This can be fixed with an update of the game itself.
  • Make sure that the headset is worn correctly so that the wearer's eyes are centred with regard to the lenses.
  • Try to adjust the IPD (interpupillary distance). 
    Note that Reverb G2 uses a hardware IPD. To change it, look for the IPD adjustment on the bottom of the headset.
  • Continue to wear any prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses.
  • Check and clean the headset lenses as necessary (micro fibre cloth only no fluids).
  • Due to the advanced design of the headset, there may be some minor image ghosting in the first few minutes when starting the device while cold until the headset lenses have the opportunity to warm up.
  • The HP Motion Controller joystick will sometimes stick to one side is corrected by fully depressing the joystick until it clicks and it will move freely.
  • Connect the 6-meter cable to the headset first before connecting to the PC or power supply.
  • Leave the 6-meter cable connected to the headset after initial installation.
  • When the headset is not in use, disconnect the power adapter from the 6-meter cable.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you install WMR for SteamVR?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.