Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

cannot get brand new HP Reverb G2 detected by Win Mixed Reality or Steam VR, all plugs properly in, tried all usb 2, 3, gen1, gen2, white light on cable box keeps blinking no matter what alternative connectors I use or in what sequence i connect

BUT

if I unplug the headset cable (not supposed to) and put it back in, the headset starts only to go black again after a few minutes of perfect VR, no other cable unplug has that effect, so the headset actually works, but after a few minutes it goes black and the white light on the cable box starts blinking again. 

I suspect its some power issue, help is appreciated

Rig: Asus Rog Strix B360 i-gaming motherboard, Geforce RTX 2070s, DP 1.3, usb-C, Win10 , latest drivers installed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tini_27

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the HP Reverb G2.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06433655

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having connection issues as well, I've been able to get the headset to work intermittently by plugging it into a powered external 7 port USB 3.0 hub. It has never worked being plugged directly into the motherboard or the front panel outputs on the case, always producing the 7.14 error.

Even if I get it to worth through the USB hub it can take 5-10 minutes of unplugging waiting and plugging it back in again before it actually works.  It will give the 7-14 error if I let the headset go into sleep mode and try to open the windows mixed reality/steam VR,  if the headset is plugged in when the computer reboots it won't talk to the headset until I unplug and plug it back in.  Even this can take a few tries to get working, something of note is that windows 10 will show the headset in device manager under Mixed Reality Devices as a "HP Reverb G2 Mixed Reality Headset", but the Mixed reality software will just keep showing the Error:7-14 Reconnect your headset.

So far I've got the video playing reasonably well, with only the occasional tracking dropout,  but windows 10 has never pickup it up as an audio output device, meaning there's nothing to click on in the windows audio output list so I'm having to use a gaming headset over the top of the headset strap.

I've updated all the drivers I can find, graphics/motherboard/windows 10 but nothing has changed.

My Computer:  

MSI Prestige X570 Creation

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

32Gb DD4 3200 Corsair Dominator Ram

INNO3D RTX 3090 OC

Xsonar DSX PCI-E Sound card

Windows 10 x64 v.1909 (2)

I've tried plugging the headset into an older Intel based computer and it picked it up immediately, installed everything in moments and the sound worked perfectly so I know it's not the headset or cable.

HP Recommended

thanks for the standard troubleshooting routines but i did all that without effect. 

As described, the headset works fine when re-plugging the headset cable, but after a while when adjusting the headset I may go dark or I get a blue screen, after which I need another replugging. Given the abuse of the headset plug it will stop working soon i suspect. 

I ordered an active USB 3 hub and hope to resolve the issue therewith. No other solution seems to exist, but this should not really be necessary to run a headset out of the box - imho. 

HP Recommended

@tini_27

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
10 days ago HP support  told me a connection kit is on the way to me but nothing has arrived and the case is closed without resolution as the connection problem with my HP Reverb G2 persists. 
When the headset works it sometimes goes black when i adjust the headstraps with the cable box blinking and Win Mixed Reality Portal demands to connect my headset which is properly connected. Some sensor or contact must be dysfunctional. 
Are you investigating this at HP? Is my case moving ahead?  Judging from support forums I am not alone with many having connection issues. 
Anything helpful is appreciated. 
All the best, 
Otto Ruthenberg
Case Number 5058888299: Your Case has been Created CRM:0005688002433

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.