Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm in the UK and purchased a Reverb G2 on July 17th 2021, upon registering the product through the HP website i noticed it says the warranty started on May 17th 2021. As the text states: "‘Manufacturer’s warranty’ refers to the warranty included with the product upon first purchase." then this information needs updating so that the Start Date is July 17th. (I had the exact same issue with my old Reverb G1 which had to be changed)

Also is it not UK law that Warranty has to be 2 years for Electrical Products? As currently it's due to run out in 2022.

Please assist, Many Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MarcGravett

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help.
To bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I also have this strange issue where I bought the G2 on 21/9/2021 from amazon.co.uk but when I registered it here with HP your site says my warranty began on March 22 (22/3/2021) and I only have 7 months warranty left.

Can you reset this for me - or should I open another message to look at this?

HP Recommended

Hi @MarcGravett,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a warranty-related issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue here in the US.  Bought a new G2 in August and had a problem 30 days later.  Registered everything in the HP Support Dashboard and looked at the warranty information.  The 1 yr warranty says it started in March.  Tech support could not fix the warranty because they claim HP sales was supposed to email me a "proof of purchase" PDF.  Sales has no clue what that means.  The just keep sending an "order review" email that has no PDF and no serial number.   They sent me to customer service that said and sent the same thing.  Then they told me to call support.  It is sad that I originally sent support a photo of the serial number on the headset and the HP sales shipping email to me with the same serial number and they couldn't fix it and now 2 departments later, I'm told to call support again.

Amazing that the support database probably is using the manufacture date, or the ship date to a wholesaler that the HP store then pulls from on an HP direct sale as the warranty date and then makes the customer that paid list price jump through circular hoops to try to get their database right.  I'm already mad that 30 days in, the left eye is strobing to the point of pain and then this?

HP Recommended

@Bertcoin sorry to hear of your issue with the headset which obviously they've got to fix. I'm amazed you can't get HP in the states to give you better support - I've seen posts from people in far off places having problems getting support but not in HP's home country.

My problems are with the audio - no sound, so trying to get the warranty period sorted is a lower priority. Even so it's something that should be done. I haven't had a direct reply from the HP support guy who posted above to the OP, although he has replied again to the OP. Maybe it works better to start a new post - and then they respond directly to each person's issue?

I'm going to try that.

HP Recommended

Hi @MarcGravett

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is warranty-related, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region .

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

And @Cutter.    I was chatting with support on my headset issue and the 4th agent I dealt with had this answer for the warranty issue.   Here is what she posted for the warranty.   Same circle jerk as before and the 3rd suggestion is a Medical Alert hotline!!!  (Don't call it).

**bleep**?!

1:13 PM Me: I purchased in August 2021 and have the emailed proof of purchase from HP sales I can email you. Your database says February or March 2021.
1:13 PM  Divya: 1-**bleep**-999-4747 Option 3 then option 3 or 866-625-0242   <---HP SALES - Same circle jerk as before!
1:13 PM  Me: Okay.
1:13 PM  Saving chat transcript
1:13 PM  Divya: I kindly request you to contact the above they will assist you fix the warranty related issue
1:13 PM  Divya: Warranty Upgrade and Verification Team 800-345-7074 Options 2, 1   <---DO NOT CALL.  This is a medical alert company!

HP Recommended

Wow @Bertcoin, very strange!

I have spoken with HP support on the telephone today - UK phone number that connects with technical support in another country - and they agreed to try a replacement headset.

This is my 3rd call to them and we have worked through;

1. Sent me the new cable.

2. Emailed me a link to a Realtek driver package to try for the audio issue I'm having - no sound.

3. Agreed to send a replacement headset as it might be a hardware issue.

They have emailed me with a request for proof of purchase from Amazon (in the form of a jpg image, and a photo of the Serial# label in the headset.

I've just replied so we'll see how it goes. It would be great to sort this out!

HP Recommended

One other thing; I made a new post on this site about the warranty issue but the reply said I should talk to HP support in my own country (I'm in UK and I think this site is US). When I changed the country symbol at the bottom of the page to the UK I was redirected to a page with a phone number (available only during our local business hours) so posting on support here won't work for me - maybe it's the same for you?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.