Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

I just purchased HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset and the controllers doesn't seem to pair with the headset. I switched the controllers on and got the headset itself setup and run fine with Windows Mixed Reality Portal.

From within WMR portal I tried clicking the "..." bottom-left button and the "Set up controllers", no app is found I just being suggested to launch the Windows Store for finding an apps that supports "mixedreality-deviceapp link" (I'm located in Israel, but also tried changing Windows Store location to the US)

In a video HP published they mention and app named “HP Reverb VR Headset Setup” which is a companion app for the HP Reverb that should help with controllers re-pairing, there is no such app found on my machine and I can't seems to find it anywhere on the net.

I'm using Windows 10 64bit on a desktop computer which doesn't have any bluetooth dongle or card, but I understood that the headset itself has a built-in bluetooth radio and the controllers should come paired out of the box.

Do I need a bluetooth card/dongle for the controllers (despite the built-in headset radio)?

Any idea where can I find the “HP Reverb VR Headset Setup”?

Any help would be appreciated, I out of ideas at the moment.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@erezt
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The headset driver must be installed the first time it is connected:

1. Make sure both headset cables (USB and DP cables) are connected.

2. Make sure the computer is connected to the internet.

3. Allow at least 2 minutes for the driver to update.

4. Check the device manager; you should now see the headset listed under Mixed Reality devices.

Figure 2. Headset driver installed, headset appears in Device Manager

Headset driver installed and headset appears in Device Manager

5. The headset should work properly now.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-reverb-virtual-reality-headset/28341578/document/c06433655 to setup HP VR Reverb Headsets with Windows Mixed Reality (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

Purchased the hp reverb but have problems to get the controllers paired properly. The headset itself works, and both controllers are shown as paired in windows10. But: 1. Inside cliffhouse I have only one controller available. 2. The reverb setup software fails completly to recognize and pair both controllers. 3. In Steam VR, both controllers and the headset are not detected. I have all the latest drivers. Don´t know what is going on here. I think I have to return the whole package and stick with my Rift (setup easy, works flawlessly). 

Bjorn

HP Recommended

@bjhobi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP Reverb controller. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.