InsaneGeko
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP VR1000-100 USB not recognised, Code 43 error

HP Recommended
VR1000 - 100nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brand new HP VR1000 - 100nn wont work. I followed all the instructions for seting up but when i get to the "Connect your headset" page in Windows portal nothing happens. A few seconds later I get an error message telling me that the USB device was not recognised. Its showing a Code 43 and says 

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover.

I have checked that all my drivers are up to date and I tried using different USB sockets. Im using a PCI usb with USB 3.0SS instead of the motherboard USB as I found in the forums that It may have been an issue with power from the motherboard USB sockets. I have followed all the troubleshooting both from HP and from Microsoft but nothing has worked, I even did a full reset of my PC to see if that would help. I was told to try updating the drivers for the headset but the device doesnt appear in Device manager.

After all of this, I contacted the supplier that I bought this from to try to arrange a replacement but they were very unhelpful and told my I have to contact the manufacturer as they will not just replace it unless it can be proven faulty. 

I only recieved this on 2/1/18 and was looking forward to a weekend of VR games.

Also, I checked my serial number here on the HP site and it tells me that I have already used 4 months of my warranty, so im a bit concerend about that too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

16GB RAM

ASUS Prime B350-PLUS motherboard

PCIe USB

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,560
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@InsaneGeko

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000-100nn does not work on your computer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

During my research, I came across this HP document that helps in setting up the Windows Mixed Reality Headset in Windows 10. You may review the steps from this document and check if everything has been attempted. 

Secondly, also, ensure that other USB devices work fine on your computer. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
YLu
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Quoted from Microsoft website:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028416/windows-graphics-device-driver-error-code-43

Graphics device driver error code 43

Content provided by Microsoft

Windows stopped your device because it reported problems. To fix it, try the following:

• Select the Start button, then in the search box next to Start, type device manager and select Device Manager from the list of results.

• Find the problematic device in the list (it will often have a yellow exclamation point icon next to it).

• Press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device, and select Properties. In Properties, select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, then follow the steps. If the button is unavailable, that means there's no driver to roll back to.

• Select Uninstall device and then select Uninstall.

• At the top of the list of devices in Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) the name of your PC, then select Scan for hardware changes. This reinstalls the device driver.

• To see if this fixed the problem, press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device again and select Properties. On the General tab, under Device status, you should see This device is working properly. If you don’t see this message,"

• pls. contact HP for support.   https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

I am a HP employee.
I am speaking for myself, not HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation