Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000-100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Anyone know if there is anyway to find/get a replacement cable for the HP WMR Headset? I have no display coming through the headset, even though it shows up on my computer. I think the weak HDMI plug is to blame, as the USB 3.0 port is working, and the HDMI on the graphics card works fine. Hoping I can somehow get a repair/replacement... It's been just over a year since I bought it (maybe barely?)

I've heard rumor of the part being: 940814-001 - CABLE-2in1 HDMI2.0-USB3.0 3.6Meter

But I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @StuartFrampton 

Not sure what is wrong, so I cant give you a definite solution.

Yes, that is the cable for the headset. It will solve the issue if that is what the problem is.

I would also look in the Windows Device Manager and make sure there are no yellow caution signs listed and that the HMD device is enabled.

Here is a flow chart from Microsoft if you have not seen it....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/images/hmd-connectivity2.jpg

Sorry I cannot be of further help.

HP Recommended

Hello Photoray002,

Thanks for the information you've provided. I've gone through the troubleshooting processes, and still have come up with nothing.

*Unfortunately the cable doesn't seem like it can be sourced online without it being ridiculously expensive, like $200+, through 3rd party vendors no less.*

The error code I now get is that I have to check the display cable, even though everything is connected. The USB 3.0 is going into a dedicated 3.0 bus (Intel), and the HDMI is going into my GPU which supports 2.0 (the WMR needs 1.4+). I checked the HDMI port works with an external monitor. The USB port is also 3.0 compliant and works with other devices (3.0 rated drive).

Device manager it 'sometimes' shows up, but there are no indicator flags showing an incorrect installation of the drivers (did an uninstall, reboot, then let windows update install the drivers). No dice either, nothing out of the ordinary.

At one point in time I did get video in the headset as well (after getting a flicker), then unplugging and replugging it in (the HDMI) killed that hope. Now it just says check display cable.

The result was the same whether using an extension cable or not. I was originally using an extension for both the USB 3.0 (active adapter), and the HDMI. After it was not working, took those out of the equation and got the same results.

Unfortunately I don't have another HMD to test it on, but I know the ports work. I'm really starting to think it's the cable, more-so the HDMI connector that's the culprit.

Thanks for your time.

Stuart

HP Recommended

$141.00 through HP parts store in USA. SMH! :HalfEyes:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.