dbgil2003
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP omen 32" QHD monitor compatibility with GTX 550ti

HP Recommended
HP omen 32" QHD monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP, I recently bought the HP Omen 32' QHD gaming monitor, but I am waiting until modern GPU's drop in price before upgrading. I'm currently rocking my 6 year old GTX 550ti, and I cannot get the resolution to 1440p. The card has 3 ports: HDMI, DVI, and VGA. The monitor has 2x HDMI ports and a displayport. The problem is that I cannot find a cable to connect the two that will give me 1440p. The card says that it can output 1440p @ 60hz, yet connecting it HDMI - HDMI (and DVI-HDMI) only gets me 1080p. Is there a cable that will solve this? I've researched displayport to HDMI (and DVI) cables, and all of them require the GPU to be the one connected to the displayport side (they specifically say that it does not work both ways). One solution seems to be using a DVI-D dual link cable, but i (again) need an adapter to convert to HDMI or displayport and I can't seem to find any. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Stephan_So-Me
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30 30 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I suggest that you visit the support page for your region. Please visit hp.com/support. Once there, the site it will regionalize to your country. From there you will be able to find a driver page if needed or contact information for your region's support team. 

Best, 

I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Angtam
Level 3
Level 3
42 41 4 7
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dbgil2003

Have you installed the latest drivers available for the specific GPU?

If not, here is a link directly from NVIDIAs' site: 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/117265

After the installation, you can check under your Display Settings and see if it updates the available options?

If you still need assistance, please let us know.

If this solution works for you, please mark this thread as resolved.

Best regards.

I´m an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation