1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP omen accelerator GA1-1000 not powering up new GTX1080Ti

HP Recommended
Omen 17-an008ca laptop with GA1-1000 accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I have an hp omen gaming laptop model 17-an008ca with an accelerator shell model GA1-1000. 

I have a 575gb crucial ssd in the accelerator, and I just now got an ASUS ROG STRIX 1080Ti with 3 fans on it. I have installed the video card in the accelerator, and went to boot it up with my laptop. I noticed the video card was lighting up but the fans weren’t spinning.
I started to navigate thru the hp omen app to switch to the new video card, and then the screen flickered, and seemed to become a larger size for everything, and then it froze.
I had to hard restart computer, and now it either gets to the login screen and it freezes without being able to type in a password or even hit enter to get there. OR, the screen just goes black and freezes.
I unplugged the accelerator from my laptop and booted up the laptop on its own, and now it’s doing the same issue, freezing at the login screen and I can’t get past it.
Ever since I tried to turn on my laptop with the new video card in the accelerator, it won’t let me get past the login screen.

I assume from reading forums online that the stock power supply in the accelerator can’t handle this video card, despite HP claiming that it can.

Do I need to get a new psu? If so what kind? Does anyone know if HP stands by their product and puts in a new one at their expense for false advertising?
Assuming that this is the issue..

Aside from this, why won’t my laptop work on its own at all now??
I didn’t change any settings or tweak anything, so I’m not sure what to do or how to fix it.
Battery is internal on the laptop, can’t just pop it out for a hard restart for simple troubleshooting, and warranty becomes void once the screws on the bottom show marks (tampering with).

I have tried many different steps in troubleshooting for both my laptop and the accelerator and just can’t figure out what to do...

If anyone has any inputs or thoughts it would be much appreciated thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,446 13,447 1,289 1,519
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @KTMKIRB

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation