Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

My HP reverb REV A with the cable clip has been getting black screens after a minute into gameplay and my windows will give me a display driver failed message. Windows MR app will give me a connection error 4-1 message. Reboot and tried 5 other games and it’s still the same. So it’s not the games problem. Tried DDU uninstalling Nvidia drivers and reinstall and still same thing. Played a game without VR and no issues there. 
tried multiple USB 3.0 ports and display ports and still the same thing. So it’s not a faulty motherboard or gpu. 

plugged back in my old oculus rift and it was working flawlessly. So it’s not my Pc. Last idea was to try it at a friends Pc and still it gave the same issues on an amd Gpu card. 

running out of ideas. Could this be a faulty Hp reverb unit? I still have 7 months of warranty left when I checked. But the Hp support website wouldn’t let me submit a support ticket to initiate a repair or replacement for hp Australia. 

Really enjoying this headset. But being the main screen for my sim racing rig. I was initially bringing this to a gaming convention. But will have to revert it back to oculus for now. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had opened it yesterday after it coming in the mail.Worked excellent but today it dropped audio,left earphone buggy and constant black screen dropping out of games.Support on chat was great and they remotely searched on my pc for a hour.They said they will send a new unit.Jesus loves you!

HP Recommended

youtube.com/watch?v=lAiuB1d0ZVE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.