Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, recently got the HP reverb mixed reality headset.

I'm somewhat puzzled by the setup instructions though. Consider that both the docs and the video suggest you have to connect your headset and follow instructions on-screen.

The only configuration I have managed to get the headset to work so far is by  dedicating one graphics card to the headset and a second to the monitor.

This strikes me as odd because I've not encountered anywhere that one needs two graphics cards to get this to work. The implication is that SLI is a no go, because that would only support one display, and I have not been able to get anywhere with the headset as the sole display.

Some specs. Windows 10 1903 edition. My GPU's are a bit below the min recommendation (twin GTX970s).

Help much appreciated. What I would like to know is how this should work. I find it hard HP would just assume everybody has 2 GPUs. Would upgrading my GPU's work? Can SLI work at all? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Muizer 

Have you read the minimum requirements for that headset? It does require a GTX 1080 or better.

But Im not sure about its status with SLI specifically.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-reverb-virtual-reality-headset/28341578/document/c06318083

@iMaxx  Any thoughts to add here?

HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for your reply,

Hi, I am aware of the minimum system requirements and if I need to replace my graphics cards, that's no problem. It would be nice to know if the issues I've experienced (not being able to use the headset as only display, but able to use it in conjunction with another monitor) are consistent with with not meeting this requirement (display port 1.2 instead of 1.3).  If not, I may be having another issue, and buying an new graphics card (let alone two) won't solve anything.

The issue that remains anyway is that the setup and use instructions all seem to assume one can have a monitor active alongside the headset.  I do not understand why that's an assumption that can be so readily made. Even if I had one GPU that meets the requirements, I'd struggle to set this up (assuming it's even possible). Are there any insruction you can point me to that deal with this scenario?

Thanks for your time!

HP Recommended

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Lets wait to see what iMaxx has to say since he is the head expert on all things Reverb.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.