Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
6KP43EA#ABB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello !

Please update your system so it supports HP reverb.

The headset have worked for two days and now it only restarts all the time when I open Mixed reality

Tried to switch USB port tried to used powered HUB for the USB with no succes.

Have all the latest updates for windows installed.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@iMaxx  If you're out there, this one might need your expertise.

Also, @Mikaelhome   did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Reverb?

What system are you using it on and what OS version does the computer use?

• Type winver into the Windows Search bar and hit Enter for the info.
HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm here. (Kinda back at work between vacations. :P)

Call into support about this. I think it's a connection problem with the cable attached to the HMD itself.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Hello !

Have tried to push the connectors together and connect and disconnect several times  with no succes.

Contacted local support but they do not have the right training to support.

HP Recommended

Hello !

Have tried to unistall and reinstall  Mixed reality portal and USB drivers with no sucess.

I have the latest updates for win 10.

Regards

HP Recommended

Well that's beyond frustrating.

PM me your Serial number and contact info and I will get someone in contact with you.

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thanks for fast reply !

I contacted the local support and they will send me a replacement headset.

What feels strange is that I did not get any single advice like have you tested this or that.

HP will only loose money when they hire this third part company to run the support.

This is a rather complex device that requires skilled support ingeeners.

I really hpoe this new headset will work more that two days.

HP Recommended

@IMaxx I will give ypou some more information that could help you.

When the headset worked ( the headset pugged in) when you started the computer you have to start windows mixed portal

and every time it showed headset not connected, So I have to atach and reatach the USB cable and wmp found the headset and everthing worked.

The fault happend to the headset when it just was in VR mode and was not used for some time. When I came back wmr it has all applications was off.

After that it never worked. And one thing more now every time I start the computer wmp turns on automatically.

Maybe this will help, because I suspect this is not a cable problem. 

HP Recommended

Hello, I also have an issue with my 2 day old HP Reverb.

Worked perfectly for 2 days, and then suddenly the screen goes black, and won't turn back on.

Checked my ports and setup by trying my Oculus Rift S in the same displayport and usb port, and the Rift S works perfectly. But, the HP Reverb does not. The Screens no longer turn on.

The proximity sensor still loads up WindowsMR on the desktop, but nothing shows on the HMD displays.

Any ideas?

Do you know who I need to contact?

Is it possible to send me a new cable?

Do you know where to find the serial number for the headset (I don't see it on the headset)?

HP Recommended

Go to the HP support page and enter your SN there. It will direct you as to who to contact to get a replacement.
If you are in the US, call  800-334-5144.

I am an HP Employee
-----
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.