Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP reverb G2 VR headset and controllers, but despite successfully registering my product with the same (accurate) serial number, my  serial number is not accepted as valid by the HP website when doing a warrantee check or when attempting to contact HP for  support - preventing me from doing either of these things.

Have attempted plain text pasting in of correct serial number as well as manually typing - neither work and there are definitely no mistyped characters.

This seems on the face of it a pretty egregious strategy on the part of HP, given the many many months HP have had to add this product and associated serial number range to the list of products accepted by the website  - and hard to escape the conclusion this failure is a deliberate attempt to place barriers in front of people who might otherwise consume HP support staff time.

Am I wrong?

How do I obtain online technical support from a real person for this product?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you buy this directly from HP? If yes, try going through the HP store to file a claim/return/etc. If no, check with whomever sold it to you. 

HP Recommended

Hi - no, was purchased from independent online retailer.  However that retailer can't help with serial numbers, and thus allow me to check warrantee or obtain support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.