Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just bought an Hp 1000 wired optical mouse. It was working perfectly for few days and suddenly the red light started blinking.  In a couple of days it completely went off, and right now it's not working anymore. The mouse buttons are working correctly. When I press the right button the menu comes up etc. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jk1993 Welcome to HP Community!

Is the mouse working? though the light is blinking? please elaborate.

Meanwhile, here's what you need to know:

• Try a Different Surface
    • Aside from metallic surfaces, which may interfere with your mouse signal, other types of surfaces can also cause your mouse to have trouble connecting. While you do not necessarily need a mouse pad in order to use a mouse, it can be helpful to use one. This is particularly true if your desktop is made of a glossy or reflective material, such as glass. The laser sensor may also have trouble tracking on surfaces with a recurring pattern, such as a newspaper. Some devices even have trouble tracking on specific colors. If you do not have a mouse pad, try using your mouse with one and vice versa. You may also want to try using a mouse pad that is a different color than your current surface.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.