Did you mean: 
Hermit99
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How can I get service? VR1000-100 in Korea

HP Recommended
VR1000-100

hello. I am a VR1000-100 user living in Korea. This product was purchased on Amazon on January 23, 2018.
I used it for about a month and suddenly disconnected it. After that, I get error 2181038087-12 and it does not work. I know it will be a global service, but it is not processed in Korea. How can I get service for this product?
Where should I send my product? Can you make it available in Korea?

Please confirm.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,870 24,522 2,863 10,564
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hermit99, welcome to the forum.

This is a peer to peer help forum. The only presence that HP has on it are the Admins and the Mods. Otherwise, none of us works for HP.  Therefore, you will have to contact HP Customer Support in your area for help with your problem.  They will be able to tell you what to do.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
YLu
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Quoted from Microsoft troubleshooting page:   https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/troubleshooting-windows-mixe...

"2181038087-12,

One reason for the error code: The HMD is plugged in to a USB port for which a non-Microsoft USB controller driver is installed and running.

• More Information: The most common USB 3.0 devices today are storage (such as flash drives) and network. The storage and network device classes use a narrow range of USB 3.0 functionality. One feature in particular that USB 3.0 controller drivers are often missing is the ability to read and handle the ContainerID descriptor. See USB ContainerIDs in Windows for more information. We use the reported ContainerID to aggregate all the logically disparate parts of the Mixed Reality headset into a cohesive unit: we want to play audio out of the correct headphones, video out the correct displays, and pull tracking data from the correct sensors. When the USB XHCI driver fails to report the ContainerID, you'll encounter this error.
  • Troubleshooting:
  • Launch Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc).
  • Expand the category for Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Right click to uninstall the driver for each item that includes the text "eXtensible Host Controller" and

does not have "Microsoft" in the name.
  1. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" to ensure the old drivers are removed.
  2. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" to ensure the old drivers are removed.
  3. You are done when you verify that each item that includes the text "eXtensible Host Controller" has "Microsoft" at the end.
  4. Now you should not see this error when you plug in the HMD.
  • A second reason for the error code: The HMD is not properly responding to commands from the HMD driver. Unlike the previous reason this issue is intermittent.
  • Troubleshooting:
    1. Unplug the HMD for 30 or more seconds.
    2. Plug it back in."

I am a HP employee.
I am speaking for myself, not HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation