Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,044 Views)

How to play a game with the 3d accelerator( direct3d option)

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15t-au000 CTO
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a game populous the beggining, I can chooe the hardware/software options. The hardware option is the direct 3d rendered( 3d accelerator) option. the software option is with no 3d accelerator. I can choose the software option fine, but when i choose the hardware option and try to run the game it states that a problem caused an error and windows will close the program and notify you when there is a solution. I have a 3d graphics control panel that is enabled. I really have no idea what to do. I have only tried to update my drivers from the hp driver utility updater.

Thanks for your understanding and patience

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (1,001 Views)

Re: How to play a game with the 3d accelerator( direct3d option)

Hey there! @weathergod, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!.

I understand that you have issues playing a game with the 3d accelerator on your laptop.

Please try few steps recommended below.

This issue may occur for any one of the following reasons:
Your computer does not meet the minimum 3D hardware requirements to run the game.
Your video adapter does not have sufficient video memory to run the game.
DirectDraw Acceleration is disabled.
You use out-of-date drivers for your video adapter.
The latest version of DirectX is not installed or is damaged.
One or more programs that are running in the background are interfering with the game.

Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
On the Performance or on the Troubleshooting tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider all the way to the right (the Full position).
Click OK, and then click Close.
If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

Let me know if this works!

Merry Christmas! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (985 Views)

Hi @ MrRobot , thanks for the reply

I dont know if you were able to know  or see what PC type I had as I know I had to identify my PC type, i have windows 10 and its an HP pavillion, I tried looking for the suggestions on the settings tool, however I dont have those options at all on mine. I have no idea where to look for the direct draw or 3d acceleator choice either. Its a new PC so it should have plenty of video memory. As for the Direct X the online blogs and places that i try to figure out how to download direct X  all state that windows 10 come with the latest Direct X(12 version). The blogs that I have read for the game state that I have to download DxWnd in oder to get the window to fullsceen itself. So I am going to try a few ideas and see how it goes, thanks again for your help,

Merry Christmas

Chris

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (981 Views)

@weathergod, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

I have checked the specification of your laptop, your laptop does not have 3d accelerator hardware installed.

You can check the list of laptops from intel supported by this technology.

Also, you can refer maintenance and service guide for your laptop using this link.

Hope this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation