Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb

Hi.

I'll be picking up my Reverb from repair in a couple of days, and if the flickering problem is solved on it I would like to try to make it more confortable for me to use by modding it. I've got an IPD of 70-72mm and it is for the most part a smeary and unfortable experience for me. So I want to move the lenses and panels apart a bit more.

So I want to open it up and do whatever it takes to move them a bit further apart, but I want to be causious regarding the wires etc, and ideally have some guide to proceed with to get to the panels etc.

Does HP share repair guides or is it strickly internal?

*I'm aware this will break warrenty but I can't really comfortably use it and I can't return it so I might as well give it a go.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @burgerpickles 

You would really do well to also ask this on Redditt or such. They will have users who are into that much more than what we would here. We only support the factory version systems here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002! Thanks for hanging out with me. 

I don't need help with the moddigg itself, I just need to know how to open up the headset. I got the front and back panel separeted partly but I can't do it all the way because there seems to be some plastic screw holes that stands out that overlaps the hardware panel. I'm confused as to how they got it in there as there does not seem to be any more screws to remove. Just want to know how to separate them completely to see if I can adjust the position of the screens and lenses with some tinkering. 

I'll open a thread on reddit too, but I hoped some internal tech repair people would give some form of guide there. 

HP Recommended

IMG_20191122_164100.jpg

Here are the little perpetrator. There are four of these sticking out over the hardware panel. 

HP Recommended

To be honest, none of us regulars here unfortunately have any contact or own any of the HP VR stuff. Sorry 😞

Go to Reddit and ping Voodooimaxx. He is one of HPs heads over the pro VR stuff and would be the one who can most likely help you with that specific question.  He frequents there much more often than here, as strange as that may sound.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.