Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 27 Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just recently bought the Omen 27 by hp monitor.

I has 144 hz, 1ms and 4k resolution.

First I put in the hdmi, then later, I switch to the DP (As told in the user guide).  

I got the screen working, at least I thought so. 

Then I went to do some testing, I used 4 sites in total and all of then said that my monitor was only giving 60 hz.

This got me confused as to why my monitor isn't giving me 144 hz and 1 ms. Because I dont think I get 1 ms aswell.

I also can't enable ULMB, is it due to me  having a G-sync instead of Free-sync?

So my question is, Is there a driver, or a program I missed?

Maybe the tests are incorrect, but it sure leaves my in doubt.

Thanks for taking the time,

Sjors

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Omen27

You're welcome.

Sure, please feel free to reply as conveniently as possible. 

As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I replied to you.

Take care!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Omen27

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you tried playing 4K Video on your monitor?

If not, I would suggest you play 4K Video on your monitor and check the refresh rate. 

Keep me posted,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello Flower Bud,

It turns out that it was the DP input from the monitor wich didn’t work properly. I’ll be getting a new one today. If I come across any further problems, I’ll juist make a different post with all the info you need. 

Thanks for the reply!

Sjors

HP Recommended

@Omen27

You're welcome.

Sure, please feel free to reply as conveniently as possible. 

As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I replied to you.

Take care!

HP Recommended

Hi, when you say that de DP input from the monitor wasn't working properly you are talking abourt the DP cable or the monitor DP connector?

Did your problem was solved after you made the change?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.