Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP P244

I recently connected my Xbox One S to my HP P244 23.8 Inch Monitor, February 2020 with an HDMI cord. I was fiddling with the settings on the Xbox, and all of a sudden when I switched the Refresh Rate from 60 Hz to 120 Hz, the screen went black. I turned on my monitor again, and the same message keeps popping up and it says"

Input signal out of range!

Current Mode:

H = 135.2kHz, V = 120 Hz

Change Mode to:

1920x1080 60 Hz.

Dispplay going to sleep in 30 Seconds

I now can't access my Xbox on the monitor, and I would appreciate some help from someone to fix this. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok never mind I got it. Hold down the Console button for 10 seconds until it completely turns off. Then hold on the small black button on the bottom of the console, then press once the Xbox console button while still holding onto the bottom black button. It will then make a second beep, and then your hp will appear very blurry as a 640hp. Now you can control and go back to the settings and change the resolution back. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.