Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z240 Tower Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to know if the GTX 1050 TI is compatible with the HP Z240 Workstation. This PC has a 400w Power supply, and I know the minimum Power supply needed is 300watts, but is the system itself compatible.

Specs:

Intel core i5 6500 3.20ghz

8gb of memory

64bit Windows 7 Pro.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello SystemCenter

I have not heard of any complaints of such an upgrade and I dont see any reason why a 1050ti would not work on your 6th gen Intel cpu system.

If your Z240 has the ZTurbo PCIe ssd installed in the PCIe slot, not the m.2 slot, you might have an issue with space since most likely your 1050ti will take 2 slots.

If that is not an issue, then you should be good to go.

But you may want to also ask on the Business section of the forum, just for a 2nd opinion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello SystemCenter

I have not heard of any complaints of such an upgrade and I dont see any reason why a 1050ti would not work on your 6th gen Intel cpu system.

If your Z240 has the ZTurbo PCIe ssd installed in the PCIe slot, not the m.2 slot, you might have an issue with space since most likely your 1050ti will take 2 slots.

If that is not an issue, then you should be good to go.

But you may want to also ask on the Business section of the forum, just for a 2nd opinion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations

HP Recommended
Photoray002

Thank you for the feedback I have posted on the business site to see if anyone objects to your response. If not thank you very much. I will be saving money buying this card than any quarto card.

SystemCenter
HP Recommended

Since you mention it, what software are you running, AutoCad, etc?

I would love a first hand review on how well that GTX 1050ti will work over a workstation card.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
No problem, when I install it and use if for some time I can give feedback. The main programs I am running will be: G.I.M.P, Photoshop, Source Filmmaker (SFM), OBS studio, and Hammer the Team Fortress map building program along with some games. From what I have researched if you are using only programs like Adobe after affects, Photoshop, Sony Vegas etc. a quarto card is better for doing just that, but if you are using those programs and running GTA V, or team fortress a gaming card is recommended. But you can use a quarto card for gaming.

SystemCenter
HP Recommended

Oh ok. I know all about Adobe. I thought you were doing high end BIM's or Animation.

Thanks anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.