Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently own HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac013dx. I need to use GPU for deep learning projects. I am planning to purchase RTX 2080 Ti only if it is compatible with my laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The graphics adapter your notebook has is an integral part of the motherboard.

You cannot upgrade the graphics without replacing the motherboard with one that is listed in the service manual for your notebook that may come with better graphics.

Normally such a project costs more than buying a new notebook with the graphics you want already included.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I read somewhere that you can extend graphics card through thunderbolt. Is there any chance to extend any GPU other than I mentioned before?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know the answer to that question, and I suggest you start a new post on that subject.

HP Recommended

@psuresh021 wrote:

Thanks! I read somewhere that you can extend graphics card through thunderbolt. Is there any chance to extend any GPU other than I mentioned before?

You would need an external GPU solution like the Omen Accelerator. (Not sure if we still sell it, though.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.