Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0053w Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a new graphics card & my current PC uses a integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630. I was looking at a GeForce GTX 1050 & I just wanna know if it's compatible with my motherboard & if it'll even fit in my case. I saw someone online ask the same question but never got a response. 

Here's a link to the one I'm thinking of getting when the price goes down (hopefully): 

https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-04g-p4-6255-kr/p/N82E16814487292?cm_re=gtx_1050-_-14...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

HP Pavilion 590-p0053w Desktop PC Product Specifications

Internal 180 W PSU

I did not look for the dimensions, but the power supply is not sufficient

System Requirements

300W or greater power supply.
PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.

not sure this can help you but take a look

Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models
[edit]
Maybe it could pass, but not sure
you have this HP model with a gtx 1050ti 4gb
180w power supply
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/model/22323427/docum...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I was thinking of getting a new PSU anyway because 180w was pretty low, but thanks for bringing that to my attention. Would everything be fine if I were to get better PSU?

HP Recommended

I do not understand your question

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I meant as long as I upgrade my computers power supply to something over 300w, the GPU I was looking at should work perfectly fine? 

From my own research I think it should be fine, but I wanted an expert opinion

HP Recommended

It should be ok, but can't certify that Everything will be alright
Having the right power supply for the graphics card is obvious, if it doesn't have the right power supply it might not work ...
But cannot 100% guarantee that everything will work if you do the replacement

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

All right thank you

HP Recommended

thank you for giving news so ..

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.