Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Photon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i went on Youtube to find a good gaming mouse, and the Photon came up almost immediately. I watched the reviews and OMG it was stellar, so many Pro's and little to no Con's, it was a no brainer that this was the next best thing since sliced bread. Now what really bugged me was that sometimes you can mistake reviewers advice as like maybe they were leaning a little or maybe they were fan boyish about certain products, but even with those reviews, there are good enough warnings across the board about said products because they all mention the same Con's. As for this mouse, it wasn't the case, unless there is a review about it that I missed mentioning the drifting I cant say that I've seen anyone mention that. And spoiler alert HP that is a big CON! I mean I can not touch my mouse for about 10 seconds, and when I go to move it that thing drifts.... And we're not talking about a cheap mouse that you would come to expect something like this from ( although to be honest I've yet to even see this on a cheapy mouse. ) This is something that really needs to be talked about, and all I could think of the reviews is that they were paid to omit those facts, it's not like this is something that can be missed .... it lags drags and drifts like a 5$ mouse bought from 5 and below. I contacted HP help, and they say it's news to them and have no work around besides sending me a new mouse. Now to get a new mouse they have to send you a whole bunch of run-around emails that basically in a nutshell do nothing. I've yet to receive the replacement and am currently back to using my old Logitech mx master. This is annoying and really a slap in the face..... and the price tag proves that crap can come in any price range.... so much money for an SH$%t mouse. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Damunsta

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They are already sending me a replacement, but this doesn't help the user who spent their money on the item and now can't replace it because of warranty issues. Also, how do we know that the replacement will be any better since a lot of other people are having the same issue. 

HP Recommended

@Damunsta

I recommend you test the replacement mouse and check if the issue is resolved. If you continue facing the issue, then test the mouse on a different computer and let me know the result.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.