Ferns45548
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard/Mouse connected to Omen Accelerator wont work on BIOS or DOS

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP GA1-1000 Accelerator Shell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently purchased an Omen Accelerator, got it all connected and works OK.

My issue is the following, 

1. I connected my mouse and keyboard to the USB ports

2. When I turn on my computer...I have a boot loader that needs some input before entering Windows, but for some reason doesnt seem like computer recognizes the accesories connected to the Omen Accelerator before entering windows.

I also tried using the keyboard and mouse to try to enter BIOS settings...no joy. 

Has anyone tried connecting mouse and keyboard to Omen and then entering BIOS or doing something in DOS enviroment ? doesnt seem like that is supported.

Ferns

1 REPLY 1
Angtam
Level 3
Level 3
42 41 4 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Ferns45548

You most likeley have to enable USB Support on the BIOS. This link is pretty general, so you need to find instructions on your specific BIOS:

http://www.bootbeta.com/archives/enable-usb-keyboard-and-mouse-support-in-bios-28.html

Best regards.

I´m an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation