cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
RyanC25
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard only typing in commands regardless of settings and restarts

HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Keyboard 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Bought a Pavilion Gaming Keyboard 500 on 20th March 2019 and have had no problems until a few days ago, when out of nowhere during use it started typing in commands. For a couple days simply restarting the PC when this happened after startup would fix the issue, but now it is always typing in commands and I cannot even get through the login screen using it. I have to instead use a different keyboard, but only when this second keyboard is connected from the beginning. If the first keyboard is connected on the login screen, but I switch to the second, the second also types in commands. If I login using the second keyboard, but then switch over to the first, it will work until I either log off or lock the PC, in which case it will then revert back to not typing properly.

Using the first keyboard to try log in to the desktop, it will type the hidden characters as normal (assuming those are letters it's typing), besides a few keys. The keys that function as commands on the log in screen and do not type a character are U which opens ease of access. P which opens some screen share kind of window for multiple monitors or a projector, but when I'm on the desktop using the second, fully working keyboard, the P command opens the print window instead. And L which doesn't type except when I hold shift in which case it types a hidden character, but it doesn't do anything when not shifting.

I attempted to register the keyboard on HP Support but the serial number only matches up with a totally different item, a cheaper keyboard and mouse set called 200. I can't find any reference to the 500 on the main website for support.

1 REPLY 1
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 3,525 250 391
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RyanC25

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation