Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (929 Views)

Microphone PROBLEM NEED REPLY

Product Name: Palvilion
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have bought a bm 800 microphone and i want to make it work with my computer however it wont!!! Can someone help???

WIN_20161111_181718.JPG

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (903 Views)

Re: Microphone PROBLEM NEED REPLY

Hi@TotesNotes,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Microphone not working. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

There are two kinds of the mic. One needs power (a tiny amount) either from its own battery or from the socket that it is plugged into.

The other kind does not need power. If you plug the kind that needs power into a socket that does not provide power, you get this effect.

Computers often have mic sockets that do not provide power (some do, though).

• Check if you have inserted the batteries to the Mic and does it power on?

The BM800 requires one AA battery.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (489 Views)

Re: Microphone PROBLEM NEED REPLY

that looks to me like a condenser microphone. For it to work it needs power coming out of the mic jack on your pc. The problem also may be that it is just very quiet. To fix that go to Start> Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Sound> Recording, then right click on the mic you are using, click properties, click levels, then slide both sliders all the way up (dont worry if there is only one slider, just slide that one up), and then click apply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation