cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashell
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Mixed Reality right controller has lights that wont come on.

HP Recommended
HP Mixed Reality Controllers
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm still downloading the software, but even after pairing the inner ring of lights that shine forward, half of them are out. 

its split half and half, left and right. I just bought this, so im kind of pissed it seems broken out of the box.

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,375
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ashell,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you checked if the sensor isn’t blocked and there’s enough light?

Have you ensured all the drivers are updated either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant.

Did you try to update the Bios, Chipset and Bluetooth drivers on your PC.

Before setting up Windows Mixed Reality, be sure to check for software updates. Select Settings  > Update & Security  > Check for updates.

Method 1: Connect and reconnect both the controller.

1.     Press and hold the Windows button for 2 seconds to turn on each controller. They’ll buzz when they turn on.

2.     Put the controllers in pairing mode. The pairing button is inside the battery compartment. Press and hold it until the controller lights start flashing.

3.     On your PC, go to Settings > Devices Bluetooth & other devices and then select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.

4.     When the controllers appear, select them to pair.

Method 2: As you have tried to update the controller drivers, let us try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

To do that,

1.     Type devmmt.msc in the Windows search bar.

2.     Expand Mixed Reality devices.

3.     Right click and select Uninstall device.

4.     Restart your PC for the changes to be applied.

Please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ashell
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You gotta be **bleep**ting me. Half the lights working on a BT controller has nothing to do with the PC, which is an HP Omen X 15. If you googled your own product, your website would tell you there are no drivers. It's just WMR software from the Microsoft store.  The headset works, although the side vision is blurry. And currently HP only makes 1 WMR headset and it comes with controllers

Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,375
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ashell

The only reason why we needed the product details is to ensure we provide you with the correct drivers for the Bluetooth. 

However, I would suggest you go ahead and update the Bios and Bluetooth drivers for your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or dowload it using HP support assistant. 

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation