Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having multiple issues with my Reverb.  The slightest head movement and the audio cuts out and starts coming out of the PC speakers for a few seconds before reconnecting and coming through the HMD speakers. This is really annoying and the clip that came with it doesn't appear to be helping at all. Now the headset just goes blank randomly anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes after using it. When I look at my PC screen, the game I"m playing is still tracking head movements for another 30 seconds or so before the Windows Mixed Reality portal closes all together as if I unplugged my headset. The Warranty lookup says I still have 6 months of warranty, but when I try to contact support, it redirects me to a page that the product is no longer serviced by HP. This headset has been absolutely horrible and I regret buying it. I just want to talk to someone to do an RMA or something, based on my 6 months of remaining warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nedrian I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nedrian I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher, Thank you for the quick response. First off, I want to apologize for the tone of my original post. I was annoyed that the headset wasn't working, and even more annoyed that there was no simple path to reach a support agent. After mentioning the issues I was having on a subreddit for the game I was trying to play, someone pointed me towards the WIndows Mixed Reality subreddit. From there someone pointed me to the HPReverb subreddit.  Once there, I was able to find a phone number for tech support, and spoke to a wonderful agent who quickly processed my RMA. The new headset arrived in 2 business days and is working great! The new headset is so much better, it's resolved issues that I didn't even realize were issues in the old headset, such as display resolution, and focus issues, which I previously assumed were due to IPD settings not being optimized.

Basically, everything's great. I love the headset and aside from the difficulty reaching the correct department and finding a helpful technician, you can consider me completely satisfied and gracious that the issue was resolved so quickly once I spoke to someone.

HP Recommended

@nedrian That's awesome, I'm glad its all been sorted,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.