Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition
Microsoft Windows 11

I don't know if I have a short in the wire or what, but the picture on my HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset keeps blinking to grey. I have to wiggle the wire to get the picture back. How do I fix it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That doesn't sound good. I do remember testing the Reverb G2 on a fresh Windows 11 install once, and it blinked rapidly the first time I opened the Mixed Reality Portal. It was gone after that first time though.

Test the following:

connect your g2 to the pc
Open device manager

expand the Mixed Reality devices

right click the G2

click on uninstall device and check the box on the prompt that shows up, then press ok.

after it's done uninstalling, unplug the USB/USB-C cable from the headset and plug it back in

open Mixed Reality portal if it doesn't already automatically do that

If it says it can't find the device, unplug the headset, do a restart and plug it back in after logging into windows.

If the blinking persists after this (assuming the driver reinstalls) uninstall windows mixed reality through Windows Settings --> Mixed Reality --> uninstall and uninstall the portal app as well if possible

Then reinstall windows mixed reality by reinstalling Mixed Reality Portal through the microsoft store

If you got it installed and the flickering persists, do the uninstall and reinstall again but this time also delete the HoloShell folder inside C:\Windows before you reinstall. 

Worst case: Go back to Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade (you won't lose your programs and files)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.