Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 VR Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in the process of installing MS FS2020 Premium Deluxe via Steam on my 2017 iMac Pro running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit under Boot Camp and would like to enter the world of VR and am interested in the HP Reverb G2.  My iMac Pro has the Xeon W-2150B 10 core at 3.00 GHz with 128GB RAM and the AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB VRAM and a 4 TB SSD with 500 GB partitioned to Windows.  One issue is the DisplayPort on the iMac Pro is 1.2 and not 1.3 but also don't know how to judge my processor and graphics cards against those recommended by HP for the G2.  Any help would be greatly appreciated including recommendations for other VR headsets if the G2 is not compatible with my system.  Note my IPD is about 69 so will need one that I can adjust and also that will be comfortable with eye glasses.  Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got my HP Reverb G2 last week and have used it on my iMac 2019 (3.6GHz 8-Core i9, with 48GB Ram and the Radeon Pro 580X 8GB) and use the LaCie SSD Dock to be able to connect the DisplayPort.

The only issue I have is that I had to change it to 60Hz rather than 90Hz but that might be a problem from the DP standard or my video card. 

The experience for sims (lates MS flight simulator) is amazing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Running macOS Big Sur 11.2

HP Recommended

I got my HP Reverb G2 last week and have used it on my iMac 2019 (3.6GHz 8-Core i9, with 48GB Ram and the Radeon Pro 580X 8GB) and use the LaCie SSD Dock to be able to connect the DisplayPort.

The only issue I have is that I had to change it to 60Hz rather than 90Hz but that might be a problem from the DP standard or my video card. 

The experience for sims (lates MS flight simulator) is amazing.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply and glad it is working.  With my 2017 iMac Pro was concerned about the DP being v2 so went with the Valve Index which advertised compatibility with DP 2.0 and have been very happy with my first VR experience in FS 2020.  Did some touch and goes in a 152 and had to remind myself to ease up my grip on the stick just like in real life.  Enjoy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.