Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (751 Views)

Need to upgrade my hp ab-522tx model

Product Name: Hp ab-522tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I need to upgrade my laptop to 16 gb ram and 8 gb graphics card so i need help. I need to know where there is a free slot for adding extra 8gb ram and 4 gb graphics card.
Thank you.
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (731 Views)

Re: Need to upgrade my hp ab-522tx model

@Asifmd786

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx and would like to add more memory and an 8GB graphics card. 

I did some research and found the detailed hardware specifications for your laptop. This laptop has only 1 memory slot which is occupied by an 8GB memory card (8-GB (DDR3L-1600). HP has not tested this laptop to work with 16GB memory and hence I cannot make any speculations that the laptop motherboard will support 16GB memory. 

Secondly, I did not could a slot on the motherboard which could accommodate an 8 GB graphics card. Therefore I would conclude that you may not be able to install a graphic card in it. Please refer to this user manual for detailed product specifications. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation