Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, received my HP Reverb earlier in the week, was great.. now not so much.

Day1: Connected up, longer of the 2 supplied cables, and the clip over the connectors, DP connected to the RTX 2080TI and USB to the 1st USB 3.0 connector I could reach.

All seemed fine, using WMR and SteamVR, excellent visually and appeared to be working flawlessly.

Day3: Used steam voice chat during game for the first time, a few mins into the game, headset went black and audio lost, showing disconnected in SteamVR. Retried, did it again, rebooted.. same problem. Went back to the much cheaper Lenovo explorer for the rest of the session.

Day4: Recreated issue, when using the built in microphone in steam chat and in game I got a loss of tracking on the headset so picture moved wildly across.. then later again disconnected entirely.

I moved the USB connection to a USB 3 Gen 2 socket, after this I was unable to recreate the disconnection issue, great I thought. Then jumped into WMR, the right controller showing connected but isn't appearing in WMR. Rebooted, jumped into WMR, now the HMD is flickering badly and unusable, again another reboot and finally the screen is usable and the controllers are both in WMR.

My question is, will this likely continue or even get worse? Its the VR1000-2xx headset so I believe the 2nd generation. Should I just return it now and get something else or will these issues likely subside? The much cheaper Lenovo Explorer worked flawlessly every time!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Had more flickering, turns out this happens when for whatever reason WMR/SteamVR drops to 60Hz, totally unusable at 60Hz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.