Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No Graphics from my HP Mixed Reality Headset

HP Recommended
VR1000-100nn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Mixed Reality Headset and it arrived yesterday.  The compatability software to check my PC meets the minimum specs says it does.

To begin with I discovereby graphics card only has a single HDMI socket and its a mini-HDMI one. So, I brought an adaptor to solve this and plugged my MRH in. No graphics appears in the MRH using this method so obviously I couldnt navigate my way through the software setup because I had no monitor display during this.

I got around it by plugged a spare HDMI cable into my integrated graphics and connecting this to my monitor. So I have my monitor running off my egrated graphics and my MRH connected through an adaptor to the mini-HDMI socket on my graphics card.

I got through the setup, can load the mixed reality portal, it tracks the movement of my headset, my headphones work when plugged into my headset, but there are no images coming from it inside.

I also am making use of a USB 3.0 hub powered from bus instead of having an independant power supply (if this is needed???)

Anyway I have a mini display port to hdmi adaptor coming, another mini HDMI to HDMI adaptor coming and a powered USB 3.0 hub coming. I ordered all three as I cannot tell what the problem is. I also cannot ascertain at this stage if its a dud MRH. Any advice as this is getting expensive now?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,620 4,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Titantula

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need help with connecting the HP Mixed reality headset to your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you ensured the device is compatible with your computer?

Which device are you using along with the headset?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Before installing the HMD, prepare the computer by using the following steps:

1. Ensure you are using Windows 10 Creators Update or later for Windows Mixed Reality support.

For further information about system requirements, installation, and troubleshooting, see the Microsoft article, Install the tools.

For more information see the Microsoft article, Immersive headset support.

2. You need an administrator user account, and then you need to sign in with a Microsoft Managed Service account.

3. Check Windows System updates and install any drivers that need to be updated.

4. Enable full kernel mode dump.

5. Enable Developer mode from Settings > Update & Security > For Developers.

6. Enable full diagnostics from Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.

7. Copy MRValidationKit to the PC.

8. Reboot the system.

Connecting the HMD to the computer

Use the following steps to install the HMD:

1. Connect the HMD to the computer.

NOTE:

Plug in the USB first, and then plug in the HDMI.

The HMD display does not show on the Windows desktop.

NOTE:

If the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000 is not recognized or does not function when connected using an adapter, dongle, or hub, connect the headset directly to a USB or HDMI port on the computer, tablet, or other device being used to verify functionality of the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation