Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 32 Inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there !

I have OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx with GTX 1060 Max-Q its working perfectly due to small display i bought HP 32 Inch 2k Display. When i connect with my laptop with duplicate screen its working fine but i cant able to extend or change it to second display only, when I do black screen appears. Sometimes the external display on extended option only displays 1920x1200 resolution but most of the time its displays black screen or No Signal Display going to sleep appears. In display setting when i press detect it says "cant detect any other display" but in device manager, advance display seeting and nvidia control panel its showing mintor settings. Is there any solution ?
I also installed all the lasted drivers.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Omi691
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that you're unable to change display settings on the secondary monitor and no signal message appears,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?
Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Learn how to duplicate or extend your desktop display. Connect and set up a television (TV) or an additional monitor to your computer.
Connect the second display.

1. Select a connection type based on your second monitor.

• Monitor: VGA  or DVI  cable

• TV: Video (composite)  or S-video  cable

• High Definition TV: DVI  or HDMI  cable

2. Connect the TV or monitor to the computer using the cable you chose.

3. Connect a power cable to the TV or monitor, and then turn it on.

4. TV connections only: Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the computer (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to documents that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

5. Turn on the computer. Click here to know more on Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support it was laptop resolution support issue. My 32 inch is 2k and my laptop is not supporting resolution more than 1080. Everything is working but on selecting 4th option which is show only display two my 32 inch monitor picking up 2k resolution which is native and there appears no signal  Is there a way to set that native resoution 2k to 1080 for second display only ?
Thanks

HP Recommended

@Omi691
Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question,   sure you can have an external monitor with a resolution greater than your laptop screen. The GPU which will give you the resolution. 1080p video may be perceived to look better on a 32'' 720p display than a 42" 2K display. It will simply downsample down to 720p when shown on the monitor. Basically, the video's performance is base on the hardware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry Echo_Lake Ithink you didnt get my point 🙂
Im not taking about video im talking about screen resolution when i select the option "Show Only Display 2"  (Image attached) , the recommended resolution of my external display is 2k and my laptop picking up the maximum recommended resolution "2k" which is not supported. How can I change that default (recommended) 2k which is max resolution of my external display to 1080 ?Show only 2 Option  its just highlighted not selected because when I select no signal appears because of 2k resolution of external monitor and my laptop dont support 2kShow only 2 Option its just highlighted not selected because when I select no signal appears because of 2k resolution of external monitor and my laptop dont support 2kRecommended 2560x1440 which is not supported and my laptop picking this by default for show only display 2 for other option Ive already changed thatRecommended 2560x1440 which is not supported and my laptop picking this by default for show only display 2 for other option Ive already changed that

HP Recommended

@Omi691

Thank you for posting back. 

As you've mentioned the laptop is not showing 2k resolution on an external monitor ( second display ), this could be the system limitation. 

Let's try updating the system graphics drivers: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.