Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP GA1 Accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a OMEN by HP GA1 Accelerator, then I bought a Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti graphics card to work on my laptop OMEN by HP 17 laptop. But the accelerator`s source seems not to handle the Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, eventhough in the sponsoring website it is informed that it is supported the Nvidia graphics card, also I cannot connect all the cables in the graphics card, there are entrances missing. So should I buy another computer source for the accelerator, or there is something wrong with the process I described?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@brunocgarcia

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I suggest you check this related post with a solution to your concern: Click here to view it.

If the issue persists, or you aren't satisfied with the solution suggested by the other user, please write back to me, so we can look for alternative solutions.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@brunocgarcia

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher.

Have you ensured the graphics card of your preference is selected or if it's set to auto-switch?

If you want to select the NVIDIA, here's what you need to do:

Select OMEN Accelerator or My PC to change the graphics card currently in use.

Selecting the graphics processor to use

When switching between cards, the following warning message is displayed: Switching your graphics card might cause open apps to crash.

Warning message

Click Continue to make the switch effective, or click Cancel to return to the previous screen without switching. This warning message displays every time you manually switch the graphics card unless you select Don’t remind me again.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SCROLL DOWN TO GRAPHICS SWITCHER

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything on the post, but an error kept. Whenever I try to restart the computer: "Power down and connect all the Pcie's cables remaining". But the cables I didn`t connect where because there is no place to connect them, at least with the source.WhatsApp Image 2018-11-02 at 11.13.34.jpeg

HP Recommended

@brunocgarcia

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I suggest you check this related post with a solution to your concern: Click here to view it.

If the issue persists, or you aren't satisfied with the solution suggested by the other user, please write back to me, so we can look for alternative solutions.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I read everything and found a way to solve it, just connect the cables from the source directly and not using the cables that came with the graphics card to connect, thanks for all the effort helping me, and I am sorry for not having the experience with graphics card or eletronics.

HP Recommended

Hi 

i have the msi 1080ti Bit with a be quiet Power supply. 

The First versions of the accelerator has Firmware Problems and cant Upgrade the Firmware 

regards

florian 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.