Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 with 1060 Max Q 6Gb /intel i7- 7700 / 16GB ram

So I got this laptop a few years ago now. It's been great to me and I love it. Iv upgraded it to  1Tb ssd, ram will be next i hear its good to 32Gb. But it's beginning to be obsolete and im no longer getting 100+ fps in multi-player games. The ones id normally have 120fps no problem. I dont want to get rid of it and I was hoping there is a way to upgrade the motherboard with either better built in gpu and cpu cards or interchangeable slots. But I'm having troubles even finding anything to do with the subject. Both are built into the mother board currently so its not possible to use this motherboard as is.

Has anyone done this yet, or have any idea where to look? 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LARZ1ST 

What is your Omen 15 machine ? Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.