Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 27i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased the Omen 27i monitor. For the first couple of hours, all was working great regarding the external lighting, however, after a restart the lighting refuses to turn on. I have suspicisions that it stopped working following the installation of the Omen Gaming Hub in the background (I do not like this behaviour one bit).

I can change the settings within the Omen Gaming Hub application as well as within the OSD menu and can set them to 'on' but the lights do not actually turn on. Tried all settings (static, task light, colour cycle etc etc) but no luck

So far, I have tried uninstalling / re-installing the Omen Gaming Hub application, installing the HP System Event Utility (as was suggested in previous posts about this same issue) as well as installing the monitor drivers. So far, nothing has rectified my problem.

Can anyone help me with getting my monitor's external lighting to work, once and for all?

*Edit* - I think I have fixed the problem. I removed the HDMI cable from port 2 of my graphics card so only 27i was plugged in. Uninstalled the Omen Gaming Hub and did a number of factory resets. Eventually the lighting came back on. Will not touch Omen Gaming Hub again.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Strange, I have that monitor also and have not had that problem. The game hub works the lighting just fine (vs 11.0.11.00).

But Im also on an Omen Desktop. IDK if you have a different system, if something on it is affecting the link to the monitor.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I figured there's a conflict with the hardware controls and gaming hub, but trying to determine where is proving to be a nightmare.

It's happened a couple of times since my 'fix' and I've found that by doing a factory reset when all devices are off (apart from the monitor) brings it back so I can control the lights. Someone else might find this information useful.

HP Recommended

Absolutely and thanks for sharing that.

I should probably mention for clarity so anyone else reading this is on the same page:

The OP is talking about the Factory Reset setting in the monitors physical menu settings itself, not a Windows factory reset.

😊

HP Recommended

Hi @TimmyTwoKnees,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.