Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Omen Accelerator PSU Problem

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Accelerator Shell - GA1-1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I recently bought a Corsair SF600 to replace the PSU that is shipped with the Omen. I m running a GTX1080, an internal hard drive, and a bunch of peripherals and got the message advising me to use a more powerful PSU a few times.

It looked like a pretty simple swap-out, but once I completed it I turned on the power, got a short flash of lights, and then it all went dead. I have the 24-pin connector going into the motherboard, a 6+2 connector into the GPU, and another 6+2 (without the additional 2) into the GPU. This is the same as the original set up.

After lots of checking cables and internet searches I couldn't find a problem, so I reinstalled the original PSU and put the case back together. Now I get the same problem there. It turns on and lights up for an instant and then shuts down. So, as of now, I have a dead eGPU. Can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,178 24,804 2,905 10,818
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mattd1977, welcome to the forum.

What is the model or product number of the Accelerator?  This will allow me to review the specs.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mattd1977
Author
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for both the welcome and the offer of help.

It is the HP OMEN GA1-10 Accelerator. I have installed a GTX1080 and it is hooked up to a Spectre X360. As mentioned, all was working fine until I tried to replace the stock PSU with a Corsair SF600.

Matt

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @mattd1977!

I can't see anything in the specs for the Accelerator that should cause a problem when changing the PSU.  Here is a guide that may help you solve your problem.  It is not specific to the PSU, but has some pertinent information.

Also, here is a video that may give you some help:

mattd1977
Author
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks again for trying to help. Unfortunately, I am familiar with that guide and video - they were helpful in getting me set up originally  - and they have no information regarding potential PSU problems.

Support appears to be seriously lacking when it comes to anything other than the basics. Let's hope my ticket with Corsair or posts on Reddit yield something. If not it is down to an independent repair shop I guess.

Thanks again for your time. It is very much appreciated.

Matt

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @mattd1977!

As you stated in your first post, there simply aren't that many connections to cause problems.  If you are certain that all of the connections are made properly, hopefully, Corsair techs will have an answer for you.

mattd1977
Author
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can anyone from HP help with this, please? I have been trying to find a solution for months now and yet I see other forum posts being replied to with 'hey, we can help, we are sending you a PM'.

It would be great if a member of HP staff could provide support.

rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,492 105 388
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mattd1977

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
mattd1977
Author
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks rick-s

TarekM
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am facing a similar problem, can you please tell us what happend with hp support? is there any solution? 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation