7 6 0 3
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Omen Accelerator firmware update failure

HP Recommended
Hp Omen Accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all HP community.

Today I was trying to update Omen Accelerator connected to HP x360 G2. The previous fw version was 0104 and the new one 0126 i think. At first the Result said Pass but after that there was message box that said it was failed and that I should try again. When I tried it again I had the same result and the version of firmware was still 0104. Two times just after the update I had Windows  blue screen.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Which accelerator do you have? Product number?

Im confused as the only firmware update I can find is

OMEN Accelerator Firmware Update

1.00 Rev.A

unless you're going for the software  2.1.1 Rev.A

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
moryen
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My PN: 1QX86EA

The first firmware update you have listed is the one I have downloaded. During the update process there is an information about the firmware version 0104 (old one) and 0126 (new one).

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. Is there a reason for needing to update the firmware or were you just updating it because its there?

You might try installing it in Safe Mode to see if it installs successfully.

Otherwise, If you are not having any issues with performance or with the gfx card installed, I would leave it as is.

Let me know what happens.

moryen
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right now I can't use the Safe Mode - I don't have bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive on Safe mode. I will try to get it.

Regarding the your proposal of not installing the firmware. As I work in IT I do understand this solution 🙂 but as a customer of respected company that is HP i expect that if the firmware is released on their site should work flawless. I have read many coments on different sites and many users have the same problem with this firmware so something could be not right.

Besides that I have 2 weeks to return the Accelerator and I want to make sure it works so I want to update all the released software. I also have problems with stability when the USB headset is connected to the Accelerator - some crashes and BSOD. Also other usb devices (mouse and keyboard) connected to it have sometimes little lags and freezes.

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then we understand each other as I have no power to make HP produce any firmware at this moment. They will release it when they do. In the mean time...

You will make better gains by contacting HP Support directly and reporting your issues as they are not connected with this forum. More complaints, usually means faster results if you know what I mean.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Do let me know if you find the solution before you return it.

Thanks

moryen
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Firmware version (released 28.03) works fine. Thank you Photoray002 for your help.

Best regards

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Cynster
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm afraid that I've got the same problem, though the newest version (released 28.03) won't install either. The only difference is that I've got a Dell XPS 15 9560 and another model: 1QZ13EA, the GA1-1010nd.

Screenshot.png

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation