Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Accelerator GA1 - 1000 NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased Hp Omen accelerator GA1-1000nl, I installed inside an NVIDIA GTX970 video card but after following step by step the whole installation guide and after inserting the Thunderbolt3 cable to the PC, in the Accelerator the leds light up for a second and then everything goes off again.
My notebook is an Asus Zenbook Pro UX580GE with 2 ports Thunderbolt3 (USB3 gen2 type C) as I have also specified the assistance ASUS contact me believing that the problem was the PC.
The drivers / firmware of the PC are all updated. The operating system and Windows 10 pro.
I also used HP Support Assistant as recommended in another post but it did not work.
The only Windows notification when I plug in the cable is "Display connection might be limited".
Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@aste73

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried removing the video card from the Accelerator and check the device?
  • What is the exact issue? is notebook shutdowns when connected to the PC?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes, I tried several times to remove and replace the video card; I also tried with another video card but the result was always the same.
When I connect the thunderbolt cable between the notebook and the Accelerator, it turns on for 0.5 seconds and then the lights, the fan and the video card remain off. On the notebook appears the notification at the bottom right that says: "Display connection might be limited", the notebook stays on.

HP Recommended

@aste73
Thank you for posting back. 

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Check you BIOS for settings for Thunderbolt...I had to set mine to something not default...then it found the card in the enclosure. I had to run it with this setting, sorry I have a Thinkpad P1 but not with it now so cant check, until a new BIOS and Thunderbolt firmware came out...and then I could set it back to its normal status.

I found the answer on Reddit while speaking with the US Omen tech support...and he did not know of this feature either..but I was able to see the card and load the drivers after making that change. 

If if your BIOS as TB3 setting also and resreach those.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.
I searched on the Reddit site and I tried various settings in the bios (security level on Thunderbolt configuration, secure boot, fast boot ...) but nothing has changed.

HP Recommended

@aste73,

Let's start off by enabling Hardware accelerator from the control panel: 

1. Choose Start > Control Panel.
2. Double click Personalization and select Display Settings.
3. Click Advanced Settings.
4. Click Change Settings on the Troubleshooting tab.
5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Enable

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to set up the Omen Accelerator.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05573720

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The graphic settings are managed by the Nvidia software and consequently in the control panel I have no "display setting" and the "Hardware Acceleration" is enabled.
I tried to disable the internal video card in the notebook (Nvidia 1050ti), but this is not possible through the bios.

HP Recommended

@aste73,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.