Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
N/A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought the new Mindrame Prime headset and since I've installed the Omen Control Center I've been getting random beeps when using the mouse buttons.  I have disabled the Omen CC service from the startup menu but it still starts on Windows boot. If I manually kill the Omen CC background process from Windows task manager the random beeping stops but I still get mouse issues in games (e.g. some of the mouse buttons not working for a few seconds) and also reduced microphone quality.

I love my Mindframe prime headset so far but the above issues are really irritating and affect everyday usage. I would very much appreciate if those software issues to get resolved soon.

I've downloaded the following:

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello again @Daelas 

Is your pc an Omen or different brand or model?

Its OK to say what the computer is exactly (and OS), so I can better understand.

Yes the beeping during mouse clicks has been a problem lately.

If I know exactly what you have, I can add it to the reports.

Otherwise HP has not come up with a solution yet.

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002,

My PC is custom built running Windows 10 (64bit) with all the latest updates installed.

Intel i5 4690K

16GB RAM

Nvidia 2080 Super

I can provide further info if required.

Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

OK thanks. You shouldn't need the HP System Event Utility as you don't have a compatible OMEN, the OCC wont have any of the main functionality except for your Mindframe headset.

I will mention your custom setup with my many reports to HP about the issue.

I have no idea when a fix will be issued unfortunately.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.