Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Photon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I bought HP everything, computer, mouse, keyboard, monitor, outpost, headphones etc. I like Omen products a lot. That being said I have an issue with my photon: when I am gaming, let's say peeking a corner in a fps, my mouse is still. Then, when I move my mouse, it reacts a full second late like it has to "catch up" with everything I just did.

This problem only occurs in wireless mode, so I am forced to use the cable at all times when I am gaming unless I want to get absolutely boned in competitive. I really want to keep using all omen everything, it's a cool setup but this is just ridiculous, why would you not fix an issue like this for your flagship gaming mouse? I went to like page 5 on google, looked on reddit, looked all over for a solution and I've only found more people with the same issue. Help me out here.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Forgot to add, I have tried with the cable connected to the receiver, and with the receiver connected to my outpost, same issue. Also, I am using the correct ports on my computer (USB C, etc. etc.) and I have tried reinstalling the Omen Command Center (didn't work) as well as FULLY REINSTALLING MY OS!!! Did not fix, did get rid of all my files.

HP Recommended

@Gamer_in_Oregon,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the support, didn't work though. I know all about my DPI and usually keep it around 700-800. I installed the driver you linked me to and the issue is unaffected. Please provide a solution to this.

HP Recommended

@Gamer_in_Oregon,

Check for BIOS is up to date?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

HP Recommended

First off, I am very grateful for support here. I simply cannot fix it without help, I love having an all Omen build, the aesthetic is really  nice. That being said, these suggestions did not fix the issue, and if we can't fix it within the next 4 weeks I'm going to start buying competitor equipment so I can be competitive while I'm gaming. My responses below are to your suggested troubleshooting.

I just used HP support assistant to check for BIOS updates, and driver updates. Everything is up to date. I tried the link you posted but after about 15 minutes of waiting I gave up.

I love Nvidia control panel, but it is not going to help with this as the issue isn't game specific, more detail posted below.

I will not use "Game Mode" as it negatively impacts VR gaming with specific applications, and the issue is not isolated to gaming.

The issue isn't game specific, and in fact it happens even when I'm not running any games. That's just when it is noticeable. If I have my mouse connected wirelessly to my computer (using any of the available methods of doing so) and don't move it for longer than 45 seconds, there is a chance it will experience the lag I originally described.

Just to be clear, I am running on an Omen 875-1055xt so the  power settings are irrelevant. This issue also occurs regardless of if I have overclocked my CPU or GPU. 

P.S. I'm assuming the HP Support is based out of India, I just want to wish you good health, I know it's hard over there right now for many families.

HP Recommended

I just received my Photon mouse this morning and am experiencing similar problems. Sometimes the mouse runs fine and then all of a sudden, as described by @Gamer_in_Oregon, it will play catch up, going really slow. This is just on my desktop screen, I haven't even tried it in game yet.

All firmware, BIOS and related updates are fully up-to-date. I too am using a full Omen system. Really a shame for such a premium product which we pay for so that we do NOT encounter these problems.

HP Recommended

Dude it's so frustrating. They ended this with telling me to call support which is pretty difficult to do with my work schedule. I hate that I bought this fancy mousepad that has wireless charging for a mouse they doesn't perform in wireless

HP Recommended

I feel your pain… good luck with support, the website is pretty helpful at passing you from pillar to post… but to actually contact someone who knows what they’re talking about… 😅

Haha! I ordered the mousepad too that should be here on Tuesday. It seems strange that there haven’t been other threads about this problem; surely it can’t only be us!

The only reason I bought this mouse was because I really like the Omen brand, and the ‘gaming’ mouse that I bought (Omen 600 mouse) doesn’t have the ability to program macro buttons via software. Got this as a replacement and now this can’t even be used in a normal way!

Please let me know if you find a workaround in the meantime. I’ll do the same from this end 🙂

HP Recommended

I have yet to find a workaround and at this point I'm giving up. Seems like a sure thing that HP support is not going to assist me. Gonna have to let my discord buddies that the "All HP, All Omen" build is going bye bye. That being said, my workaround: buy a Logitech Superlight, G502, or G903. That's my plan, this photon issue has left a seriously bad taste in my mouth and I'm taking my money elsewhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.