Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen sequencer - 2VN99AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have just bought this awsome keyboard  HP OMEN sequencer. But I have an issue with the static color profile.

Whenever I set a static color profile in windows with "OMEN comand center" it wil retain the color profile as long as the keyboard is powered on. Once the computer restarts the backlight will be OFF. It will stay OFF until OCC is loaded in windows and it will "inject" the profile into the keyboard, if the OCC app is not running at the start up , the light on the keyboard will stay OFF until OCC is manualy started.

Easiest way to test this is:

Set static color profile in OCC->Close OCC task in task manager->backlight is still ON->Unplug->Plug the keyboard-> Backlight is OFF(no static profile)

Things I tried and learned so far:

-Animated profiles are reteined with no problem, any custom changes are available and working in any conditions (restart, bios or the procedure above, even tested on other system with win7 with succes)

-Macros that are set to key combination shortcuts(ex:ctrl+alt+c) are also retained with no problem and are available in all conditions(restart, bios or the procedure above, even tested on other system with win7 with succes)

-When setting static color profile, after a power loss(restart/shutdown) the keyboard will try to recall the profile, in that moment the keyboard will start up(numlook led is ON) but will keep the backlight OFF. The macros  are still functioning corectly as presented above (in all conditions). So the problem is ONLY in recalling the static color proffile.

-Regardless if the backlight is OFF or not, it can be changed manualy to animated profiles using "fn"+"1-8" key. All the custom animated profiles set earlier via OCC will be available on those HW profiles anytime and in all conditions(restart, bios or the procedure above, even tested on other system with win7 with succes).

-Out of the box, the keyboard has the default static red color. Witch worked in al conditions(restart/bios/also tested on win7 with no issue). Once I installed OCC and changed the static color profile, it would not work corectly any more, and after a powe loss, backlight wil be OFF until either OCC is started or manually change to animated profile using "fn"+"1-8" on the keyboard.

-The fact that the out of the box static red color was working fine in all cases would indicate that it is a SW issue with the static color. The keyboard should be able to retain a static color profile(as it does for animated and macros) with no issue and it shold be available after a powe loss regardles of the OCC app.

Already contacted HP and case [edited] was created, but I have no ideea of the status of that case and have no way to follow it. I dont even know if it was sent further for investigation.

Is there any solution to this problem? Is there any investigation going in this direction?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Radu23,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

An update on the issue at hand:

I tried the keyboard on a OMEN Laptop witch has omen comand center installed by default. Unfortunately, the behaviour is the same.

If I apply a static color profile it will set the profile->I close the OCC in task manager and the static profile remains ON->unplug->plug the keyboard-> a red wave/ripple will animate on the keyboard->the num lock led will be on->background is off after the wave/ripple initial animation->it will stay off until OCC is started.

As I said this does not happen with animated proffiles. All the cusotm animated proffiles and macros, that were set on my computer, were present on the keyboard when tested with the OMEN laptop.

HP Recommended

Did anything ever come of this for you? 3 days after having my sequencer, the occ doesn't even "inject" the color profile into the keyboard anymore. I am only able to change the colors by the function keys. 

HP Recommended

@Radu23  @ngalli  and anyone else having issues with the command center functionality.

When reporting issues, please also use the Feedback button on the bottom of the command center and explain your issue. This is the fastest way to report issues to the Team in charge of programing the software.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@photoray002 thanks for the heads up! Obviously didn’t know there was a feedback button. Frantic when new equipment doesn’t work. 

Appreciate the tip,

Nick 

HP Recommended

No problem. HP informed me just recently to have users start doing this. 🙂

HP Recommended

Unfortunately noting was solved. Just got few calls regarding the issue and was told at the end that the memory for the static profile was volatile(will erase on power loss). And this was the way it was designed. Also unfortunately for them I know it is utter BS and it is a sw issue. Nobody did anything software wise,they just tested it and confirmed the issue and thats it, just to close the issue initiated by me they just called the memory volatile. I know for a fact it is not, as the keyboard comes from the factory with default STATIC RED color that works just fine.

But the problem you described I did not encounter. as I mainly use the animated profiles. Try to reinstall the driver/app/software and/or  use another USB port.

HP Recommended

@Radu23

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.