Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 35
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reddit and many other forums are reporting about Flickering problems with Omen X 35, what is HP actually doing to resolve this problem?

Many user are returning this Monitor, i'm very diassppointed.

https://youtu.be/aHqJYJRRgFA

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/62ayjv/whos_keeping_their_preorder_for_the_ome...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1622560/omen-x-by-hp-35-curved-gaming-display-with-nvidia-g-sync-thread/2...

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

I am having the same issues with screen flickering during certain screens.  For a monitor of this price range there shouldn't be any form of flicker.  This is def a wide spread issue with this monitor as users all over Reddit and OCNForums are complaing of these exact issues all with different setups so it rules the PC out of equation.  

The PC i am running this on has had an Acer XB271HU, Acer X34 Predator, and a Asus PG348Q all ran off and NONE have ever shown a single sign of a flickering issue.

HP Recommended

Greetings @pakal77,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for answer, waiting for somebody that can provide information about this issue 

thank you 

HP Recommended
I would like also like a personal response from HP as I am suffering from the same thing.
HP Recommended

I too would love an update on this issue.  As an owner of this beautiful display, I would hate to have to return it!

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same issue.

How can we be aware of a possible fix? Keeping the discussion between the team and one customer is not optimal for everyone else experiencing the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello! While my screen flickering is less than others, I still experience it at times. I would gladly help HP Omen support team with a case study to identify when it flickers. 

Let me know - I would like to help so other Omen owners can rest easy knowing a driver update is on the way. 

HP Recommended

I already returned monitor for a refund but read below for situations of flicker

I was getting flicker with the omen WHEN IN GAMES...NOT JUST LOADING SCREENS. Flicker only occurred with gsync turned on. When gsync is turned off in the nvidia control panel it goes away completely. In the Omen settings I had adaptive contrast and dark boost turned off. Response rate was set at default which is 3 and luminance set at 35.

Situation 1: In Ghost Recon Wildlands getting lots of screen flicker in the static loading screens . Extremely noticeable. Turning gsync off removes all of the flicker. Also getting constant quick flicker in darker areas of the map when zooming in and out using iron sites. The whole screen would slightly change in brightness from lighter to darker. I'm guessing the flicker was just more noticeable in darker areas than lighter areas of maps

Situation 2: In The Witcher 3 during night if I look at the ground and then transition up to the night sky quickly the screen  increases the luminance and then drops back to normal. Its very slight but definitely present. Looks very similar to what is happening in Wildlands.

In both games my fps was at 55-85

Since turning off gsync fixes the issue 100% I am going to assume something isnt right with the gsync module itself or the way it is interacting with the omen panel VA tech. Leaning torwards the idea that theses VA panels just dont play nice with gsync technology.

I did try to record this in game with shadow play but it doesn't show up at all which tells me its definitely not in game but the actual monitor hardware(panel) itself doing this.

Very soured on hp and that they could let something so obvious fall through the cracks. Dont they have testers??? I am just some schmuck off the street and I noticed this right away. Oh well...

HP Recommended

Somebody is saying that the problem are the drivers AMD and NVIDIA we will wate for official statement

I got an official reply back from AOC about the flicker issue :)
They asked nVidia and nVidia told it is a DRIVER issue atm... try out older drivers atm while they are working on fixing it. This I think only applies to this panel atm cause my AOC AG271QG 165Hz GSYNC worked flawlessly while testing this issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.