Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Sequencer Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone!!!

I received the Omen Sequencer Keyboard as a gift to use with my Omen 880-160SE desktop computer. I have searched and searched and have found absolutely nothing on this device. Neither the quick-guide nor the user guide have any information on how to hook this up to the tower. I also tried using HP's "virtual agent" but that is completely useless. I have always used conventional keyboards on my computers and I am clueless as to connecting this to my PC. From looking at the user guide, there are two (2) USB plugs for connection. One is for power and the other is for USB data. In which ports do these plugs go? Are both connected to the back of the tower or do I connect the additional USB-A plug to an external power supply? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @thedarkknight64 

The two USB plugs just need to be inserted into two available USB ports.

The 880-160 should have two USB 2.0 (red ports) on the back of the tower. I would simply plug the keyboard into those two slots.

The Omen Command Center should recognize the keyboard and will let you control the lighting. Restart the command center if needed and also go to Windows updates and manually check for updates after you plug it in the first time. Even if it shows its up to date, click the check button anyway.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @thedarkknight64 

The two USB plugs just need to be inserted into two available USB ports.

The 880-160 should have two USB 2.0 (red ports) on the back of the tower. I would simply plug the keyboard into those two slots.

The Omen Command Center should recognize the keyboard and will let you control the lighting. Restart the command center if needed and also go to Windows updates and manually check for updates after you plug it in the first time. Even if it shows its up to date, click the check button anyway.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.