Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by hp 25

My  sound doesn't work even though its enabled and shows it's working but cant hear anything?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ADOS 

Is this a new a brand new purchase?

The monitor does not have built in speakers, so I assume you are talking about headphones?

There is no settings in the monitor to make the headphone output jack work. So if your headphones are not getting sound, what kind are they?

I have seen some people try to use PS4 phones that have a different plug than a standard jack, or they didn't have Windows volume turned up. It could be the connector or cable or even the headphones are just turned off or its volume turned down.

IF its a new purchase and nothing you plug in works, it might be a faulty connection in the built in jack also. In such case, you would have to check with the store you purchased from for an exchange.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.