Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Sequencer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since discord isnt installed at in programme files and its updater.exe file doesnt open (which is used to open discord normally) is there any way to open Discord with a macro , i would really love that feature

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying , The problem with that is whenever a update comes , the version will change and the folder name will change and my bind would be useless ? , So what ive done is bound Discord Overlay shortcut to a macro so it works ingame but not always , its not that bad , Also one off-topic question , Does your keybosrd also need a all time running driver / software to use macros ? Macros on mine stop working as soon as  I end the omen command center through task manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Vyktrii 

Good question. I don't have access to the Omen Sequencer keyboard, but the Discord exe is located in

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.305

While I don't have any Omen Macros to test with, I was able to use that location to set up a startup macro with a Logitech keyboard.

Does that help?

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying , The problem with that is whenever a update comes , the version will change and the folder name will change and my bind would be useless ? , So what ive done is bound Discord Overlay shortcut to a macro so it works ingame but not always , its not that bad , Also one off-topic question , Does your keybosrd also need a all time running driver / software to use macros ? Macros on mine stop working as soon as  I end the omen command center through task manager

HP Recommended

I haven't had it running long enough to notice if an update changes the binding yet.

Yes, the Logitech software also has to be running for the macro to work. End it and the macro stops working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.