Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500 Gaming Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a pavilion laptop and recently I got a HP gaming bundle in Amazon that includes among different things, the NOT gaming "Pavilion 500 gaming keyboard".  The keys works individually fine, for work office would be amazing since the keyboard is not build for gaming at all.

The issue that I'm exposing right now, looks like is not new, but the sad thing is that HP says that they CAN'T GIVE SUPPORT OR WARRANTY since keys are working fine. HP support doesn't understand that the issue is with the anti ghosting, that it suppouse to be one of this keyboard features, when EVERYBODY WORLDWIDR use W+(A,S,D)+SPACEBAR for movement and jump action.

I openned different cases and I got the same answer, that keys works fine so they can not give any further support, I asked for anti ghosting checks, and they said that don't have a procedure for test this function. So this is a dead end, because L1 Support can't do anything else, can't scalated the case, can't generate one to bring the keyboard to a service center either, since the KEYS INDIVIDUALLY WORKS FINE.

I tried the same keyboard in different distributions and issue persists, in forums looks like is world wide the problem.

i think this talks very bad about HP since, even knowing it is a factory malfunction of this hardware, they are not assuming the mistake for the bad publicity exposing a "gaming and anti ghosting" keyboard, even knowing that is not made for.

I'm copying a couple of forums URLs posts related to this same problem and even with a support agent accepting this is a hardware problem.

Please help me make this big as it can be to make HP to respond, even if necesary report to the authorities in your countries for bad publicity and the silence that HP is keeping for not assuming this bad product.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jdarangol

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake I appreciate the reply, but the solution that your proposed isn't possible. As I wrote in the original post I already contacted support with a phone call and the support team always says that keyboard is OK because the test they run shows that keys works and, also in my post, I explained that the problem aren't the keys, is the anti ghosting function.

Chat support doesn't work at all, I put the P/N and tha S/N and it does not recognize or find them.

I'm begging for another solution or response.

HP Recommended

@jdarangol

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.