cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
1GN4C10
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Possible solve to Static OMEN MIDNFRAME (Plus a little Advice)

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:

I had a problem with my omen mindframe for a while ago. I got this headphones for 2 years and the problem is that when i open the mic and close the mic, it has static in it, making noise not only to the person who use the headphones, but for the people that you talk with also. I know everyone will might say that this is not an actual way to solve the problem BUT is something that may will fix the problem of the mic, even if the solve could be less comforting than the problem itself.

As we all might know, the headphones comes with a interal refrigeration system that makes more "comfortable to game in hot days", people that have this headphones will tell if this is good or not.

But the thing is this: in post of fixing your mic you shouldn't turn off the cooling system, as annoying as it is, the headphones are made to work with the refrigeration system, and if you don't use it, the mic gets compromised.

Now, I want to make a little advice and I think HP should be concerned about this situation. If you know a little about physics, you might know that water conducts electricity, and most cooling systems may condense water while they are turned on, and the inside of the omen mindframe are made of metal, so i think everybody knows where I'm going with this...

Time to time, while I'm playing games, inside my headphones, product of the sweat and the cooling there's water between the headphone and my ears, and sometimes I get shocked by the headphones in the head, this is uncommon to happen, but it happens, and it happened to me more than once.

What I'm going with this is that when we are making stuff that is wearable, stuff has to be the less harmful possible, and if someone wants to buy a headphone that cost 200 dolars with a inner cooling system, I think the last thing the average user that buys this product wants is to get shocked by it's own buy. I belive that even if the warranty time has caducated (because it last 1 year) as someone use their headphones as heahphones (just as my case), shouldn't be shocked by any means.

Now I want to emphazise that this is unlikely to happen, but even tho I think people should know that this could happen no matter how low the possibility is. If HP thinks about making headphones with an integrated cooling system (as a version 2 of this product) I think the target should be fix the problems that already could have this product instead on adding new features. With all these said, I hope this fix the problem of the mic.

See ya around!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation