Shurgal
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Reciver for mouse was stolen with notebook

HP Recommended
V0L82AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Notebook was stolen with reciver for mouse, any possibilites to solve this problem or i can trash this mouse?

3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 11,562 1,308 4,306
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Shurgal 

Sorry to hear it was stolen. Ya, the mouse is useless now. The receivers are paired with the devices at the factory so you cannot get another one that would work.  All wireless mice (with the exception of a couple) work this way, no matter what brand.

Sorry.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Shurgal
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not very good to hear it. As i know - logitech has universal recivers for up to 6 devices connected. And also they can send extra reciver if you lost it. So ... not very good expirience with this buying. Not a cheapest device. But ok, next time i will chose something different to buy if this is HP policy.

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 11,562 1,308 4,306
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt its an HP Policy issue.

HP used to carry unified setups, but something happened and they stopped. I don't know why.

I would say if Logitech was willing to send you another receiver for free, that's great. But I see them advertised for $11-15 on Amazon plus shipping. IF the mouse was cheap to begin with (and your model is going for $15 on Amazon already) and its a price difference of a couple dollars, I'll just buy another cheap mouse and save the time.

If it were for an expensive gaming mouse, it would be different. But the Unified Receivers don't come with the high end gaming mice, not any that I use anyways.

My opinion.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation